Saturday, August 20, 2016

Life is a Story....

Life is a story.
Make  yours a best seller.



I found my daughter's mug in her room today.  It was left with some coffee still in it.  Guess she was too busy packing for her trip.

She has done some traveling with us.  She has been to France, London, Greece all with one or both of us.  A month ago she went to the Dominican on her grad trip.  She has said for years now that she wants to travel.

Well, here she is.
18 and we dropped her off yesterday at the ferry with her travel buddy (a 22 year old boy, who has done his share of travel himself).
She is off to Vietnam for a couple months, a little side trip to Bali then off to Australia to look for work.

We are very proud of her, and know it is going to be an amazing experience for her, BUT that doesn't make it any easier to let her go.  Our baby, on the other side of the world.  I know in this day and age, we can be kept up to date via facebook and such... but that will only be when she has wifi.  But I can't see and touch her and be there when she is down.

She is seriously working on making her life a best seller and we are proud of her for it (although deep down, I might be secretly wishing she was still my little baby, snuggling, comforted by holding and fiddling with my thumb).


Why did she have to grow such big wings? ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment